Friday, November 26, 2010

Oil Spill

While Claire was hopped up on steroids, she thought it would be a good idea to help in the kitchen. Who knew that in the time it takes a mom to go to the bathroom, a toddler can empty an entire economy jug of oil out. Oil is a tough one to clean...
So I freaked out, and then I thought well I better lay some newspaper down so that it can absorb some of the oil...
oil
And that didn't work... It just helped spread the mess outward.
oil1
Using the power of technology and facebook a friend mentioned using salt. I couldn't imagine using that much salt so then she suggested flour. BRILLIANT! It was like making a giant batch of roux on the floor.
oil2
I have been saving this rubber bristle sweeper and I am so glad, because it was the perfect tool for the job.
The flour absorbed all the oil, and I managed to have a nice clean cabinet again.
oil3

No comments: