Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rompin' Rosie

This was a fun little pattern to put together. It has so many options you could do with it. I haven't had much time to sew lately, but I think this would be cute with leg ruffles (measure your leg width and multiply it by 1.5 and sew on when hemming) or bum ruffles (draw a line where you would want the ruffle to go on the bum, measure that distance and multiply by 1.5-2 and sew on before threading the elastic through.)
Lay the pattern on a man's large t-shirt for a quick play outfit. I can't wait to see what you try!
rr

rr2
Here is the Pattern Link:
Rompin' Rosie

I don't know if I can take the time to scale this pattern right now. If you want it smaller you could try scaling it in your print preferences.
I would try the 12-18 mth at 88% 9-12 at 80% 6-9 75% 3-6 70% (but I haven't tried this yet so DO make a muslin first.)

4 comments:

Kerri said...

This turned out amazing! Looking forward to trying it out--thanks for the inspiration : )

K
NewParent.com

Tangerine Dreams said...

This is so cute! I'm getting dh to print it out tomorrow for me :)

Molly said...

Hi, thanks for the great pattern! I do have a couple of questions, how long should the piece of elastic be, and are we supposed to sew together the 2 2" strips to make one very long strip? thanks

Valorie said...

The strips will not be sewn together. The length is on the long side for both and most likely will be trimmed to length you like. The elastic was 5" I believe, but that was over a cloth diaper and might need to be adjusted to your child's size.