Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simply Sweet Frock

With all the rompers being made for Claire. I felt that Emma needed something special and mama made. So I drafted up the Simply Sweet Frock.
SimplySweetFrockft
SimplySweetFrock
SimplySweetFrock2
Vague Instructions:
SEAM ALLOWANCE NOT INCLUDED
Print pattern, and tape together. The pages need to be side by side and do not overlap.
It should look like this pieced together:
alltog.
First, cut 2 dress pieces on the fold of fabric. One dress piece gets cut in its entirety. The second front piece gets cut on the cut here line omitting the sleeves. You should now have a dress back with sleeves, and a dress front with out sleeves.

Cut 2 pieces of neck frill on the fold one full piece and one on the shorter cut line.

Sew one end of the long frill to one end of the short frill.

Hem the raw side edges of the frill with a narrow hem.

Open the back piece and sew narrow hems (ends) of the sleeves.
Then sew the smaller front piece to the back piece, matching the shoulder raglan seams.
Now, sew sleeve and side seams. Start pinning at sleeve hem and stop at the bottom of the dress.

Gather neck frill (my ruffle foot set on every 6 stitches worked perfectly.) Sewing a basting thread, and pulling works well too.

Pin and sew frill to neck line over lap the frill 1".

Gather top edge of frill (my ruffle foot set at every 1 stitch also worked beautifully here) and bind neck line with bias tape.

Finish by hemming the skirt, and applying snaps or buttons at the frill overlap.

Patterns can be found on Craftsy: Simply Sweet Frock Patterns

21 comments:

Sandra said...

This is so cute! Thanks for the pattern!

Leigh said...

Thanks so much!! It's gorgeous!

Kymy ~ Everything Your Mama Made & More! said...

ADORABLE!!! I will be making these for my 3 yr old twins! I will also be sharing a pic & link back on my blog because I know a lot of people who will LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for posting! I may have to make up two of these for my own girls!

Treasure Bay Fabrics said...

Absolutely adorable - thank you for sharing!

plainjanesews said...

super sweet model! thanks for sharing the pattern.

Maria said...

Cute! I love the simplicity of the pattern but the wonderful look of the result. thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do not have a facebook and I really don't want to sign up. Is there another format I could get this pattern in? Thank you so much!

kanaha said...

Thanks so much for the sweet pattern!

kanaha said...

thanks so much for the sweet pattern!

Jacqui said...

Thanks so much for sharing! It's a lovely dress.

I thought you might want to know that Scribd has put your pattern into its 'Scribd Archive' which means they demand that people who want to download the document either upload something of theirs or pay them for access. I have a couple tutorials of my own up there and was taken-aback to realise they'd done this with mine as well, without telling me or asking permission. There is a setting you can use to disable this feature if you weren't aware they'd done this and don't want to participate.

Valorie said...

Thanks Jaqui. I didn't know that. I will fix that!

Anonymous said...

This has been sitting in my to-do pile for two months now and I finally got around to making it! Thank you!! It really was easy and super cute!

http://gretam.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/301365/

Beth said...

What a lovely pattern! Thank you so much for sharing - I can't wait to try it out!

Valorie said...

I replaced this pattern to my hosting, so that it shouldn't be a problem to retrieve it. I am so glad to see some examples. Thank you for you kind words!

Anonymous said...

I just made a version of this! Thank you so much for your pattern!
http://assortedjoys.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/a-gift/

Gail said...

Thank you so much. This is awesome and I can't wait to try it.

Mama Lusco said...

Love this! Thank you for the pattern and tutorial :)

Anonymous said...

Love this dress, made one for DD, and about to make one as a gift. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I saw this dress and fell in love with it and tried to buy a pattern but I couldn't find it. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this pattern!! It is darling and I needed a quick pattern for my daughters Easter dress so this will work great!!